Thursday, March 11, 2010

I'm still alive!

Classes started on February 22nd and ever since then I have been a very lazy blogger. Being tired 90% of the time doesn't make me very inclined to blog. Neither does having tonsillitis, really. Luckily for antibiotics I'm back in business. Though I have had a sore throat the last few days, I am praying it's allergies or the air at night or something other than a third re-occurrence of a throat infection. So, here is another blog entry to inform my friends and family that I am in fact still living.

When school started Katie and I decided that we would make sure we did something fun and memorable every weekend. Two weekends ago we took off to the town of Manly. After a lot of confusion regarding the train system we finally made it to the city. From there we took a ferry to Manly which was a pretty cool experience in and of itself. The ferry was rather large and we got decent place to stand outside. The views from the ferry were beautiful. The Opera House and Harbour Bridge were SO CLOSE! It was a great day to take photos. I took photos with my SLR (which I'm now glad I did) only because my little digital camera sadly saw its final day a few weeks ago. Another big plus to the ferry ride... a handsome, friendly English bloke was standing next to me and chatting with me. What more could you want?

When we got to Manly I was really excited because I thought Manly was just a beach. But Manly is this little beachy island that has just about everything. I instantly fell in love! It felt very California-esque and I loved everything about it. We even found a little hole in the wall used book store and I got four books for such a great deal! At Manly there's a main, famous beach and a smaller, less busy beach. We spent awhile lounging around at the smaller beach. It was unbelievably hot that day so it was a great day to be near water! I walked around in the ocean a litte... not too deep though because I'll admit... I'm a little baby when it comes to sea creatures. We spent the rest of the day just walking around, lounging about, and drinking smoothies. It's a rough life.







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!! These pictures are wonderful! Wish i was there with you!!! I would have loved that bookstore!

    ReplyDelete